The Durian


It is shaped like an oblong-like rugby ball or a soccer ball. Its thick hide is green and its flesh is yellow. It is covered in menacing lumps of pointy iron meant to crush helmeted skulls in combat. What’s more, it has a distinct smell that people think is distinctively offensive. No, it’s not some evil monster coming to eat you in your dream; it’s the king of fruit, the spiky and smelly durian.
Although some people do not like the smell, the durian is my favourite fruit. The flesh is sometimes sweet and sometimes a little bitter and I always am craving for more, but if you eat too much durian at one time, you may suffer from heartburn.
I cannot recall how many pieces of durian I have eaten in the ten years of my life, but I have never ever regretted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi guys, I'm a student in Singapore, and this are some thoughts and essays I have written over the years.